Sunday, October 09, 2005

I Am My Own Worst Enemy

I swear to God I was going to watch a movie for mreview purposes this weekend. Tam was working overnights, so I had free reign to watch whatever I wanted. Sadly, I seem to have a serious problem getting myself to commit to a movie when I'm left unattended. So, here's a list of the things I did Saturday night instead of watching a movie:

1) Ate a can of chili. See, this probably doesn't cound as time-wasting, because I have to eat, right? Maybe a can of chili wasn't the best choice for dinner, but it's better than like, crack cocaine or a puppy or something.

2) Cleaned out the storage room. It had to be done. The storage room was quickly returning to it's previous condition of disarray, which made entering it to find anything a remarkably complicated and disheartening procedure. Plus, I told Tamar I was going to, so there really wasn't much of an option there.

3) Washed the dishes while listening to an album of Kanye West/Beach Boys mash-ups. Dirty kitchens are my kryptonite.

4) Watched last week's episode of Veronica Mars. That show is awesome. This episode wasn't the greatest, but even a sub-par episode of VM kicks the crap out of most shows on television. No shame here, watching this was a "heads-up play".

5) Watched bits and pieces of Hockey Night in Canada while reading comic books. I think I should get bonus points for multitasking.

6) Watched Saturday Night Live. Um, okay, this was not a good call. SNL is like a bad relationship that you just can't seem to get out of. Most of time you sit there, miserable, but once in a while something happens that reminds you of why you fell in love in the first place. This was not one of those times. The host was Jon Heder, who starred in Napolean Dynamite. I haven't seen Napolean Dynamite, and I probably never will, based on his SNL performance.

Look if you're Christopher Walken, you can get away with blatently reading the cue cards when you host SNL. People aren't looking for Walken to disappear into a character when he's on screen. They want him to be the same oddball with the stilted dialogue delivery that they know and love.

However, if you're Jon Heder, and you'v got exactly one popular movie under your belt, you might want to take the time to learn your fucking lines. Not that the lines he was given were especially hilarious, but he totally phoned it in. Blech.

7) Watched about a half-hour of Mystery Science Theatre 3000 and fell asleep. Yeah, I'm a dork. I promise I'll watch something I can write about tonight. Seriously. Don't look at me like that, I mean it this time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Card Poker said...

This phrase is simply matchless ;)

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home