Saturday, December 24, 2005

Countdown to Infinite Christmas

I'd like to wish all my fellow Blogizens a merry Christmas, and best wishes for a kick-ass New Year!

It'll be organized chaos in this neck of the woods, as my seven-month old niece tries to eat as much wrapping paper as she can jam into her mouth.

Thanks to everybody who stopped by this blog over the past few months, and a special thanks to everybody who left comments! It's nice to know that some people are taking the time to read whatever junk I've vented into the ComicsBlogoSphere.

By the way, Bulleteer #2 is a great example of how to do an infodump without boring the reader to tears or turning a character into a thinly disguised mouthpiece. Yes, I am looking at you, Mr. Johns. It seems like the 7S books are gearing up for the grand finale, while the IC books just get messier and more cluttered.

IC #3 was pretty jumbled, and even worse, a bit boring. Plus, Batman is just not a good fit for the "woe-is-me" role. I wish that the DC team, if they truly felt that their comics were getting too dark and gloomy, had just started writing better, brighter stories instead of feeling the need to knock us over the head with a multi-headed colossus of a "comics event" in order to make their point. I think at this point I'm just killing time until One Year Later, and that's kind of a bummer.

Anyways, here's looking forward to anther year of bitching about comics! Seriously, I can't believe how many great blogs are out there writing about comics. Don't tell me there's no good comics criticism on the internet, because it just ain't so.

Oh, and yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. His real name is Grant Morrison. And he rules.

I wish you peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home