Thursday, January 12, 2006

How Could I Stay Mad at You, Seven Soldiers?


To those who might be wondering, yes, I will be stopping by ye olde comic shoppe to pick up a copy of Seven Soldiers of Victory vol. 1. Yes, I still maintain serious reservations about the collection strategy, but that ship has sailed. 7S is my kryptonite, and I am powerless to resist.

I can't wait to have this whole sprawling explosion of a mega-mini-series on my shelve. Four complete volumes of Grant Morrison opening a main vein and spraying raw creativity all over the page. I want to take peyote, Buddy Baker-style, and read the comics on a hilltop during a thunderstorm. Wearing a tin foil helmet I found in a dumpster behind a Freemasons meeting hall.

I'm going to cut every seventh page out of each volume, then arrange them on the floor of a rooming house where a redemptive brigand was murdered with his own locket, thus releasing the full magickal power of the text.

Or I might just read it every once in a while, each time finding some new connection to savour and enjoy.

I haven't decided yet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Republic of Replicants said...

Seven Soldiers has been such a great read that I may just pick up the trades just to spport the series. And it'll be great to get my friends into it.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Jhunt said...

Yeah, double-dipping on this series seems less like a hassle, and more like a civic duty.

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home