Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Read, Think, Comment.

There's a column up at Buzzscope that makes some pretty serious allegations of assault by a female comic creator against a male comics executive. I'm hoping to learn more about this story as further details become available, as the story is disturbing to say the least, and is (according to several comments on the Buzzscope column page) indicative of a pattern of degradation towards female creators within the male-dominated comics industry.

I don't really have a lot to say in regards to the column and allegations at this point, as I am unequivicably not someone with any inside knowledge of either the specific incident or even the comics industry as a whole, but I thought it was interesting enough to link to. I found the column through comics212.net, where the always well-spoken Christopher Butcher and I are currently not exactly seeing eye-to-eye in the comments section.

So, check it out, and if need be, tell me why I'm a moron. (okay.. um.. don't do that. I'm fragile)

I'm, sure there's much more to come in regards to this story, and I hope that the column has the intended effect of pressuring the organization involved to take the complaint very, very seriously. As it should be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home