Monday, December 26, 2005

My Local Comic Store Sucks

So I was pretty psyched today, getting ready to spend some cash at the comic store. The store is having its regular big-time Boxing Day Sale, as I have previously mentioned. Superfiance even got me a gift certificate, after being told by store staff that nothing she bought for me would be returnable or exchangeable if it was the wrong thing. That's pretty lame in and of itself, but the capper is that, after paying cash money for the gift certificate, we were told today that not only could I not use it today for the sale, but it is only usable towards the purchase of full-priced merchandise!!

That is absolutely f**king stoopid. The bloody thing isn't a coupon, it was paid for! Tam almost blew a gasket. Consequently, there was no trip to the comic store today, as I was concerned that my docile fiance would ragdoll the store owner up and down the street.

I did go to Chapters though, and used 75$ in gift cards to bring home Dry, Never Mind the Pollacks, How We Are Hungry, a few more books, and the much-anticipated Beck volume 2! Plus Santa brought me even more great books/comics, including Adrian Tomine's Scrapbook, Buddy Does Seattle, and the McSweeney's Humor collection. I am truly a spoiled little brat.

You want to know what the greatest problem to have is? Too damn many new books to read!

Hope all your Christmases (Christmasi?) were equally supercool.

But comic store? You suck.

2 Comments:

Blogger thekelvingreen said...

I got the McSewweney's comics edition under the tree this year. Looks great, although I've not had a chance to look at it properly yet.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Jhunt said...

Oh, it's really nice. A lot of it is excerpts from longer works, but it is a volume well worth having. Plus, McSweeneys books really appeal to the "design-whore" aspect of my personality.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home