Thursday, January 12, 2006

Ryan Sook Off X-Factor


Well, apparently Ryan Sook is leaving the new X-Factor book following its fourth issue, after which he'll only be contributing covers to the series.

Nuts.

I'm still going to buy and enjoy Peter David's X-Factor, but I am very disapointed to see Sook leave. It looks like Dennis Calero will be the new regular penciller, and I'm looking forward to seeing a full, non-rush job issue of his pencils.

Word comes from the SookGallery Yahoo Group (which I joined to ask just this question). So, nothing official just yet, but that seems to be the case.

Hmm... maybe Sook can work with Grant Morrison on another Zatanna miniseries or some other special project if the monthly grind is a little too hectic? Just planting seeds, people...

6 Comments:

Blogger Melchior del DariĆ©n said...

Thanks for this news (and the links). Man, I was looking forward to a sustained Sook run on X-Factor. Dang.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Jhunt said...

Yeah, it's pretty s**tty news. However, here's hoping he'll turn his attention back to less strictly scheduled projects with Grant Morrison.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Republic of Replicants said...

I wonder which company is gonna grab him with an exclusive contract...

12:03 AM  
Blogger Jhunt said...

I know this is childish, but God, I hope it's DC.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Republic of Replicants said...

You know Marvel just snatched Yanick Panquette, right?

9:04 PM  
Blogger Jhunt said...

*sigh*

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home