Thursday, March 02, 2006

1YL -I Don't Get the Roll-Out

So, was there a SNAFU because Infinite Crisis is running a little behind? Or was 1YL always intended to begin while IC was still in full swing? Because we're seeing the initial offerings of the future DCU in comic stores this week, the same week as IC #5.

It's a little jarring to start reading about the aftermath of a crossover that hasn't run its course yet, s'all I'm saying.

I can't wait for 52* to start up, though. The Question has been the s**t since the O'Neil/Cowan days, and while I never really grokked on the last "urban shaman" interepretation of the character, I can certainly get excited about seeing him brought closer to the JLU version. The DCU can use someone shuffling through it's dark underbelly, making the connections that quite possible shouldn't ever come to light. Cooooool.

I like what I'm seeing from DC lately. I think we're getting close to the part of the story that I want to read. The part where things move back into the light, and betrayal and casual sadism are the exception, not the rule.

Plus, the end of this uber-crossover event means it will become much, much easier to completely ignore books I don't enjoy. Like Outsiders. Blech.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ragnell said...

No, OYL was always supposed to happen at least two issues before IC ended.

I think it's supposed to be jarring. It's supposed to make you wonder about the guys you're not seeing. And I was seriously surprised, but DC followed through on it's brighter univserse OYL bit with Batman.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Jhunt said...

Good to know.

And I have nothing but sunshine feelings for Batman, what with Grant Morrison following James Robinson. They should rename those books Just Buy It, Jhunt, becaus it's like they're writing them just for me. Me, I tell you... ME!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home