Monday, October 24, 2005

So, is he allergic to fire, or not?

Over at Monitor Duty, Alan Kistler has put together an exhaustive (in the good way) profile of the Martian Manhunter. I highly recommend checking it out if you have any interest in the character. I honestly had no idea how convoluted his history had become. It seems like every writer to take on J'onn J'onzz has felt the need to tweak his origin, resulting in more than a handlful of overlapping accounts of his life on Mars and early exploits on Earth, each one contradicting the ones that came before in some way. It's positively Hawkman-esque.

I loves me some MM (yup), so you know I enjoyed learning so much about the permutations of the character over the years.

Go read it!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! Alan Kistler here. Just wanted to say thanks for the plug and the interest. Hope you didn't find my article too daunting, I tried to make the info as fluid and understandable as possible.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Jhunt said...

Thanks for stopping by! I really enjoyed the article. Most people probably just think MM has always been the stalwart "heart" of the JLA, and I'm sure they were surprised to see how many different hats he's tried on throughout his publishing history. I know I did!

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to drop by on anyone who enjoys my stuff. And yeah, one of the reasons I dig doing these articles is that it's always somewhat educational for me too. I think I've got a character mostly down, and then in research I find a factoid or two I had no clue about. It's always fun.

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home