Sunday, January 22, 2006

Go East, Young Man!

Ragnell, while plugging my Infinite Crisis 4 review and sending a boatload of traffic my way (thanks!), has gotten very excited about the prospect of James Robinson returning to Opal City for some future project. She throws out a near-staggering number of possibilities for what that future project might be, all of which I would buy without reservation (hey, it's James Robinson and DC's greatest fictional city. Yes, I said greatest. Eat it, Gotham.).

But here's what I want from James Robinson, and it doesn't even really involve Opal City. I want Robinson and Tony Harris to finally produce the oft-mentioned tale of Jack (Starman) Knight's trip to China with one of the poster-eaten time-displaced persons. I remember hearing about this story before the original Starman series ended, and we were promised that eventually it would be released, probably in the form of a graphic novel.

Well, I'm tired of waiting. Now that Robinson is back in the saddle, writing a Batman mega-arc for 1YL, it's time to pressure him to finish what he promised us. I understood when he ended Starman. Heck, I even approved. It was great to see a writer with such a definitive story-arc planned out for his creation, especially in the realm of corporate-owned superheroes. But the thing that made the loss of the monthly Starman book hurt a little less was the knowledge that there was at least one more story to come.

I'm ready to read that story.

Related posts:
James Robinson Surfaces!

5 Comments:

Blogger Woody! said...

It'll be nice to see James Robinson again. Didn't he run off to Hollywood for a while?

12:43 PM  
Blogger Jhunt said...

Yep, I know he wrote/directed a pretty lame movie called Comic Book Villains, but other than that I'm not sure what he was doing in LalaLand.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Keith P. Stieneke said...

I enjoyed Infinite Crisis 4 and wrote a review at the Unofficial DC Comics Review

It does contain a lot of spoilers but some conjecture and comments as well.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Ragnell said...

I heard a terrible rumor that he was invovle din Batman & Robin, but that doesn't explain why he stayed out there so long.

Meanwhile, I too await the fabled Lost Story of Starman.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Jhunt said...

Well, his IMDB entry lists a writing credit for The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen movie, which is bad, but not on the same level of crapicity as Batman & Robin.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home