Thursday, May 25, 2006

Kicking and Screaming - Criterion Details!

The Criterion website has finally released info on their upcoming release of Noah Baumbach's Kicking and Screaming, which is, by chance, my absolute favorite movie. It looks to be another high-quality presentation from the good people at Criterion. Still no commentary from Baumbach, but that wasn't really very likely considering the lack of such on his recent The Squid and the Whale dvd. Lots of good stuff on K&S, though, including copious interviews with Baumbach and cast members, as well as some deleted scenes.

I really couldn't be more stoked. It's nice to get exactly what you want, even if it takes a bit longer than you would have liked. I really recommend anyone who hasn't seen it make a note to check it out when released. There's no date listed, but hopefully they're still planning on releasing it sometime this summer. [edit: the site lists August, so... yay!]

(I love you, Criterion.)


Oh, the details are also out for Dazed and Confused, which looks great as well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom the Dog said...

You have made me very happy. Of course, Criterion has made me happier. I LOVE this movie. It may not quite be my #1 movie, but I always say it's the #1 movie nobody but me (and you, I guess) has ever seen. I've been waiting for this DVD forever, and I've especially been hoping, since Squid and the Whale's popularity, that this finally meant a new life for Baumbach's best film.

Hey, is it already released? This is the very first I've heard about it, anywhere. Dagnabbit! I'm off to the store tomorrow!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Jhunt said...

I have it pre-ordered from Amazon.ca, and I think it's due to be released at the end of August. So, don't waste your time going out today to try and buy it... just sit by the door for a mnth or so. It'll be worth it.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home