Thursday, April 06, 2006

Bob Ross: The New Mario?

This is a completely awesome idea. Try not to have your minds blown when you hear it, okay?

Some company is actively developing a number of video games starring the world's most mellow landscape painter, the late Bob Ross. I guess they saw some demos of Nintendo's wacky new controller for the Revolution and thought "Hey, you could totally mime some painting with that sumbitch!". I hope whoever said that gets a raise, because an idea like that takes some serious courage to put forth at a pitch meeting.

I guess they're hoping that this game will appeal to ravers or something. I don't really know too much about ravers(except that they like soothers and glowsticks and the Teletubbies), but this seems like the kind of thing they might enjoy. Actually, maybe stoners would be a better target demographic. The thing is, it's tougher to get stoners to go to a store to buy something. Because of the marijuana that they smoke like a cigarette. I hear it makes you lazy. And/or schizo. Stay in school, kids!

Now, this game probably won't be available for the XBox, which means I won't be able to play it on Clutch(I have named my XBox after my favorite G.I.Joe soldier, just to raise the geek quotient a little bit higher). Still, it's a concept that deserves, nay... demands recognition.

I have very fond memories of lying on the couch when I was seventeen or so, hungover to the point that I could barely focus my eyes on anything without a piercing pain stabbing my temples. Watching Bob Ross paint a seascape or mountain range always soothed my discomfort. His gentle voice lulling me into tranquility as every pore in my body released the noxious stench of cheap draft beer.

Those were good times, people. And that's why I fully support the development of Super Bob Ross Sunshine, or whatever the game is going to be called.

2 Comments:

Blogger thekelvingreen said...

Barbecue is my guy. He's the one in red you can see here. Axe, flamethrowr, combat armour. What more do you need?

11:15 AM  
Blogger Jhunt said...

I think I liked Clutch because he just looked so completely generic. Everybody else had these crazy costumes and weapons, and there was Clutch, just kind of standing there in his standard-issue green fatigues. His special power? Chauvinism. And beard stubble.

Thick, thick beard stubble.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home